hhdhhdhhdhd

Heyyy everyone welcome to my blog! I like to post about beauty, hair, make-up and fashion. I hope you like it, dont forget to let me know what you think in the comments. Enjoy!

Wednesday 7 January 2015

What I Got for Christmas

Heyyyyy everyone I'm backkk!!!!! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year, I know I did. So today's post is all about Christmas (and my birthday). About a month before Christmas it is my birthday so I thought I would also share what I got for my birthday with you as well. so lets get on with things shall we......

 So one of the first things I got was a Ted Baker gift set for my birthday, the box includes a body butter, a body spray, a hand cream, and a body wash. In boots I had smelt the spray and said I loved the spray. Then a few weeks later I received this gift box from my friend. I haven't yet used any of the other products but I'm sure that they will be amazing!!


 My second gift is this nail collection including, 6 nail polishes, 3 different nail wraps, mini scissors, mini tweezers, a nail file and some jewels. I also haven't used much of this apart from one of the nail wraps. I'm not a great fan of nail wraps so these weren't one of my most favourite products, though I do love the patterns used on the box and nail wraps.



Also for my birthday I received this body shop collection of lip butters. They are really smooth and smell amazing. With 5 different scents there is a large range to choose from each day. Each is unique and the more pigmented butters do colour the lips a little.


I also got these two No7 lip butters that are pigmented and add more colour to the lips than the body shop ones. I love them and they are my go to lip butters.


Another gift I got was this He Loves Me perfume. It smells amazing and I love it's flowery smell. The scent doesn't last ages but this isn't a big feature in what a look for in a perfume, so this doesn't matter to me.


In between my birthday and Christmas I have had a problem and gone shopping. To be fair I did restrict myself to three items. The first two aren't very exciting in my eyes but I thought I would include them as they are beauty related. My old powder was running low so I bought this on (rimmel stay matte powder). I haven't yet used it as my old one is still on it's last legs and has a little remaining. The mascara (collection volumising waterproof mascara)I couldn't resist but try it out. I feel that it is more clumpy than my previous one though after a few coats it smooths out and has amazing coverage. Both of these products also weren't that expensive and can be purchased from most drug stores (I got mine from boots). 


The other item is this dress from new look and as I picked it up in the sales it was bargain. I got it for £12 and I think it was worth £24. It fits perfectly and hugs the body in all the right places. i quite like the length as it is different and unique to anything I have already.


Now onto the Christmas gifts. I got two sets of nail files so in total I have 9 new cardboard nail files. I haven't opened them yet as I still as some left from last year :/


Another two gifts were this Ted Baker nail varnish set and the colour couture nail collection. I don't want to repeat this on every item but I haven't yet opened/used this gift yet. I will specify if I have and tell you what I think of it. However I do love the colours included and can't wait to try them.





In this FatFace gift box there is a body polish, body spray, body wash and body cream. I lv ethe box and packaging. I also can't believe I haven't tried the spray yet!!! Though I'm sure it will be lovely.


One of my favourite presents was this perfume, Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream. I looove this scent and the bottle. It is so nice and I now use it every day as I love it so much. The bottle is so pretty that I think I may keep it even after the perfume has all gone!!



I also got this set of two Jack Wills nail polishes. I love the colours but don't yet know how well they will set and how smooth they will be.


Throughout Christmas and my birthday I got a range of lush products. They all smell amazing and i look forward to my next bath so I can try one out.


I don't know why this made me laugh but the sleeve this came in made my day. The bottle inside is Baylis and Harding bubble bath and it is a very large bottle so hopefully should go a long way. I hopefully will smell amazing as well though I don't want to open the seal until I'm ready to use it.



Not as beauty related but also beauty related is this Zoella makeup bag. I love it and the guinea pig on the front. the bag is surprisingly big inside which makes me very happy as I can't usually fit all of my makeup in one bag without squashing it all.


I also got two seventeen eye pallets. One small and one travel sized. They both have nude tones in and also colours the create a smoky eye look. The travel sized one also has instructions on how to create a smoky eye and natural eye look. I find this really helpful as I am not always confident in creating these looks and blending lots of colours.


The larger pallet is very similar to the travel sized one just with a larger range of colours and more tips on how to create the perfect look. It also includes a mirror that isn't of too small a size that is quite handy as most pallets have small mirrors that can't really be used.




Another selection of gifts I got was a selection of Avon products. A eyeshadow duo, a lipstick, a eyeliner and a mascara. All products are of good quality and are fairly pigmented. I am most surprised by the mascara that lasts all day without fading, I love it!


From a friend I received this Rimmel lip duo, a lipstainer on one end and a lipgloss on one end. The stainer is really pigmented so lasts ages and the lipgloss is really soft and moisturises the p really well.


My final gift isn't very beauty related but I couldn't help but share one of my favourite Christmas presents. Jimmi Jamms!!!! They are so comfy and I love the box they came in. I don't really know what to say but I just love them so much. 



Thank you for reading today and again I wish you a Happy New Year! I hope you enjoyed this style of post (despite the length) and let me know in the comments what your favourite Christmas presents were. Follow my twitter - @eleanabog for updates on my posts. Hope you all have a great week byeeeeeeeee 

9 comments:

  1. That dress looks so good on you, and I also got the colour couture set x great post!
    Eva x

    evasstudio.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks, it means a lot that you commented
      Eleanor xx

      Delete
  2. Love zoella's makeup bag, I got her book for Christmas and I loved it !! Also I followed your blog.

    http://itscaitlinsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same I wish I got zoellas book though I'm borrowing it off a friend soon I'll follow you back now love your blog xx

      Delete
  3. Body Shop! Love those things!
    That perfume looks soo pretty and smells just as nice!
    Great blog!

    Much love
    jedidiahgc.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely review dear. Hope you have a lovely day.
    xx

    www.kelpasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete